Access to CERTH Summer School 2023 course slides
CERTH organized a summer school in Thessaloniki, Greece
CERTH Summer School Participants Learn About the Latest Smart City Technologies
The Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH) recently organized a summer school on digital twin and smart technologies at their premises in Thessaloniki, Greece. The summer school was held from July 3rd to 7th and was attended by students, researchers, and professionals from the SmartWins project.
The summer school covered a wide range of topics, including:
- Digital Twins Concept
- Digital Twins in the context of energy assessment of the built environment
- Multidimensional procedure for mapping and monitoring urban energy vulnerability at regional level using public data
- Study of the industrial waste heat potential and design of District Heating networks in built environments
- Life Cycle Analysis (LCA)
- MicroGrids, Smart Buildings, Energy Communities
- Smartness and Energy Efficiency in buildings: The SRI methodology tool and the IsZEB Standard
- Future Directions-Challenges of Smart Buildings
The summer school featured a number of guest speakers from academia and industry, who shared their insights on the latest trends in digital twin development. The participants also had the opportunity to visit CERTH’s Smart House, a research facility that showcases the latest smart city technologies.
The summer school was a great opportunity for participants to learn about the latest developments in smart city technology and to network with other professionals in the field. It was also a chance to experience Thessaloniki, a vibrant city with a rich history and culture.
In this video, Lina Morkūnaitė, a PhD student at KTU, and Dimos Ioannidis, CERTH’s senior researcher, present the courses taught at this 2023 summer school in Thessaloniki.